Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PROM

This article is on the new movie coming out 'Prom.'

As I am reading this article and watching the previews for it, I think to myself "this doesn't look like a real prom?"  As stated in the article this movie doesn't include any pregnant teens or gothic girls or any gay couples which it should have in it because all groups of people go to their high school prom.  This should be exsposed because this is how it is in real life.  Kids aren't just worried about who they are going with or who they are sitting with.  They are more worried about where they are going after to get drunk and have sex which this movie has no hint of showing.  Yes it is made for younger girls who aren't in high school who are dreaming about their first prom, but it really isn't realistic.  This movie reminds me exactly of High Scool Musical which isn't a good thing for older teens.  Hopefully the younger girls and thier friends enjoy this movie because I doubt anyone else will. 

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I agree completely. This movie seems to fall into the highly fantasized Disney world. It doesn't show an accurate depiction of what a high school prom is like. On the other hand, I really don't think it's supposed to. Disney targets middle and elementary schoolers like you mentioned. Even if the movie did show prom in its true light I still doubt people our age would go see it just because it's a disney movie. So its an economic desision designed to target their primary audience.

    ReplyDelete