Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Can you handle this article?

I read this article on Lil B and the release of his new album 'I'm Gay.'

After reading this article I believe people shouldn't make things dealing with the gay community a big deal, unless they are offended by it or bring it up first.  In my personal opinion I don't care if people are gay or not.  They are normal people like the rest of us and should be allowed to like and be with who they choose.  As it states in the article Lil B is known for his odd song titles before this so I really don't think he is meaning anything bad or negative towards the gay community.  Also as stated in the article it could simply mean he is happy?  Either way I think people shouldn't be making a big deal about it.  I also agree with the article when they say hip hop and rap is getting away from its dark side and becoming a little more homo.  To me it is about the music and how it sounds.  I wouldn't care if the artist is black or white, or male or female, or even straight or gay.  The America's Top Five songs on the radio change everyday from Katy Perry to Keshia to Eminem.  This shows me other Americans also feel the same way when they know too it doesn't matter who created the song, they are only worried about how it sounds.  

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about it I feel this has only been made a big deal because he himself is not gay. If he had a statement saying "I'm Black", or some other derogatory from of that, there would be no discussion. If a white man had "I'm Black", it would be insulting, even if he did say he was showing love for the black community. Same situation. Therefore, if he were gay, people would praise him. I agree with you that this should not be made a big deal, he was njot being insulting or crude in his statement. Even if it is a macho move against rappers phrase "no homo", laugh.

    ReplyDelete